TEIDE & NORTH, a land of contrasts and flavours
Would you like to enjoy a day in touch with nature, and entice your palate with the best gastronomy offered by Tenerife’snorth?
On this experience you will enjoy impressive landscapes where volcanoes, climate and altitude come together to form a huge variety of unique contrasts. On our route to the highlands of Tenerife you will discover the treasures of the Corona Forestal Nature Park, while pines scents awaken your senses and fill your lungs with fresh air.
Overlooking the pine forest, the beautiful views are worthy of the best photos. On most days, the trade winds drive little fluffy clouds across the sky: a fresh breeze that gives us life. Here you will be amazed to see the ‘sea of clouds’, a visually impressive phenomenon sure to blow your mind.
Atop the island, the landscape turns into volcanic cones, craters and lava, dikes and elevated rock formations. At these heights it boasts a large variety of endemic flora and fauna. Teide National Park is one of the great wonders of the world, and it is for this reason that it was named a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Here the majestic Teide stratovolcano awaits you, which, at 3,718 metres above sea level, is the highest peak in Spain.
The tour will continue with a visit to the Orotava Valley, where you will discover the best-kept secrets of centuries of rich agricultural tradition, through the production of grapes, cereals, potatoes, chestnuts and tropical fruits, shaping a landscape of lush green areas and stone terraces everywhere across its slopes.
From the field to the table, you will enjoy a delicious lunch at a traditional restaurant where some of this area’s most typical Canary Island dishes are prepared in an authentic environment.
This is a unique opportunity for an unforgettable memory to take back home during the cruise ship’s stopover on the island.
BOOKING WHY BOOK ONLINE?
CONFIRMATION OF AVAILABILITY AND IMMEDIATE BOOKING CONFIRMATION: there can be very limited places.
COMFORTABLE: it takes just four simple steps
SECURE PAYMENT: we provide secure data management and 100% purchasing guarantee. Pay online with your CREDIT CARD (Visa or Mastercard) or with PAYPAL
PURCHASE CONFIRMATION: you will immediately receive an e-mail confirming your purchase.
- This experience is available every day.
- This experience is specially customised for cruise ship passengers.
- There are three types of booking:
Private group booking, in a private minivan for groups of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 people Small shared group booking, in a shared minivan for groups of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 people Shared group booking, in a shared minibus of up to 20 people.
- Meeting time: To be confirmed depending on the arrival of your cruise, however, it will always be 30 minutes after the ship’s scheduled arrival time.
- Meeting point: Right next to the access ramp to the city centre, where the Port’s Marina building is located. (Look for a building with a pyramid-shaped glass roof.) You can see detailed information about the meeting point by clicking here and printing or saving the map. Do not take the Shuttle Bus; go by foot from the ship to the meeting point following the blue line marked on the ground in the direction of the “City Centre”. The walk will take you about 15-20 minutes. Your guide will be waiting for you there.
- Duration: Approximately6 to 8 hours. This depends on the schedule of your ship on the island.
- Places visited: La Esperanza Forest and Corona Forestal Nature Park, Teide National Park, Orotava Valley
- Languages: Spanish, English and German
- Private group, in a private minivan for groups of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 people: 196€ per passenger
- Small shared group, in a shared minivan for groups of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 people: 109€ per passenger
- Shared group, in a shared minibus of up to 20 people: 99€ per passenger. *(In the event that there is not a minimum number of 9 people, it would be possible to carry out the tour in a small group of 8 people paying a supplement of 10€ per passenger.)
- Punctuality is recommended at the beginning of the experience to make the most of the time given in the itinerary.
- We recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and sports shoes. You should also take sun protection and warm clothes. Remember that Teide National Park is a high-altitude mountainous area with great contrasts in temperature and where solar radiation is strong.
- Taking a small backpack will help you to keep track of your personal belongings.
- An accredited, official guide in Spanish, English and German
- Minivan or minibus transport, depending on the booking type.
- Pick-up at the assigned meeting point (APIT Tenerife)
- Drop-off at the maritime station (shuttle bus stop). It only takes 5 minutes to get back to the cruise ship from here.
- Accident, rescue and civil liability insurance for the vehicle and passengers
- Canarian lunch in traditional restaurant
A meal in a traditional restaurant where you will enjoy a tasting menu designed with fresh, local products, and cooked using traditional recipes: Starters:
- Roasted goat’s cheese with “mojo” and homemade jam
- Sweet potato mille-feuille with wreckfish and red “mojo”
- Chickpea stewo First course:
- Wreckfish with onions, “pretty potatoes” (papas bonitas) and green “mojo”
- Canary-style rabbit in salmorejo
- Gofio Mousse with palm honey
- Local wine from the valley of La Orotava region
- Soft drinks
- Coffee, tea or Barraquito (coffee cocktail unique to the Canary Islands)
- Entry tickets to museums and other attractions
- Teide Cable Car. Please note that there would not be time for this as an extra.
- Everything else which is not explicitly included