TEIDE & TENO, a trip of altitude
Have you ever dreamt of flying? It is one of the most special sensations that you will feel on this experience, without ever needing to take your feet off the ground.
On our itinerary to Tenerife’s highlands, you’ll find that the panoramic views are worthy of the best postcards, in each and every spot visited. Reaching 1,000 metres above sea level, you will begin to feel the first landscape changes while visiting the first protected natural spaces, where pine aromas and clean, pure air abound.
Surpassing the highest zones of this unique ecosystem of Canary Island Pines, the trade winds come as a fresh breeze which, many days of the year, reminds us to appreciate the good in life. It is here where you will have the sensation of flying over a vast sea of fluffy clouds, which are sure to bring about great emotions.
Suddenly, in the highlands of Tenerife, the landscape turns volcanic, and full of unique characteristics. The Teide National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, represents one of Tenerife’s treasures, and of geology worldwide. Here the majestic stratum-volcano of Mount Teide with its 3,718 meters of altitude sits in wait to surprise even the most curious of visitors.
Delve into an environment full of geological values and endemic species of flora and fauna. You will have the opportunity to rigorously discover all this, in each hidden spot that you find along your way.
Descending across large fields of young lava, you will be able to make out other islands of the Canary Island Archipelago in the distance. On the way southwest, the impressive, mountainous Teno Massif appears between local vegetation of “tabaibas” and “cardones”,. This is a space that exceeds all established limits, where the slopes set the tone, and where nature has worked in the most fanciful manners.
A tour across the most spectacular geological formations on the island, you will enjoy marvellous landscapes, contrasts and the best pure air from the sea to the summit. IT’S A LIVING DREAM!
BOOKING WHY BOOK ONLINE?
CONFIRMATION OF AVAILABILITY AND IMMEDIATE BOOKING CONFIRMATION: there can be very limited places.
COMFORTABLE: it takes just four simple steps
SECURE PAYMENT: we provide secure data management and 100% purchasing guarantee. Pay online with your CREDIT CARD (Visa or Mastercard) or with PAYPAL
PURCHASE CONFIRMATION: you will immediately receive an e-mail confirming your purchase.
- This experience is available every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
- Maximum number of participants: 8 persons
- This is a shared* experience (see “extras” section for private experiences).
- Pick-up time: Southern Tenerife 9 a.m. and Santa Cruz-La Laguna 8 a.m. (Puerto de la Cruz and other areas are available upon request.)
- Pick-up point: At the main entrance of your accommodation
- Duration: approximately 8 hours
- Places visited: Viewpoints on the way to the highland, Corona Forestal Nature Reserve, Teide National Park, Abeque Ridge, and Teno Rural Park.
- Optional lunch (payable extra upon booking the tour) Languages: Spanish, English and German
- 2 passengers in a shared group of up to 8 participants by minivan: €140
- 3 passengers in a shared group of up to 8 participants by minivan: €195
- 4 passengers in a shared group of up to 8 participants by minivan: €240
- For each extra person from the 4th passenger and up to a maximum of 8 passengers, the surcharge will be €55.
- “Gastronomic Experience” Extra: 20€ per person
- “Private / Customised Experience” Extra: 120€ per group
- With the goal of enhancing your experience, we offer a range of extra services that you can choose to add on when booking your tour.
PRIVATE / CUSTOMISED EXPERIENCE.We remind you that all experiences are shared by up to 8 passengers. In the event that you and your companions wish to enjoy the tour in a completely private and personalised manner, there is a payable extra of 120€ which can be made during the booking process.PRACTICAL TIPS
- Punctuality is recommended at the beginning of the experience to make the most of the time given in the itinerary.
- We recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Take sun protection and warm clothes. Remember that Teide National Park is a high-altitude mountainous area with large thermal contrasts and high solar radiation.
- Taking a small backpack will help you to keep track of your personal belongings.
- An accredited, official guide in Spanish, English and German
- Minivan transport
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation
- Accident, rescue and civil liability insurance for the vehicle and passengers
- Lunch and meals* (see “extras” section)
- Entry tickets to museums and other attractions
- Teide Cable Car. On this trip, there is no available for this, it is only possible through a private/customised experience.
- Everything else which is not explicitly included
A meal in a traditional restaurant where you will enjoy a tasting menu designed with fresh, local products from Tenerife, cooked using traditional recipes: Starters:
- Fresh goat’s cheese with fig marmalade
- “Escaldón de gofio” with fried pork rind and dry figs
- Chickpea stew
- Goat’s meat or rabbit in salmorejo.
- Wreckfish in onion sauce, accompanied by wrinkled potatoes
- Wine from the Ycoden-Daute-Isora region
- Soft drinks
- Coffee, tea or Barraquito (coffee cocktail unique to the Canary Islands)
We remind you that all experiences are shared by up to 8 passengers. In the event that you and your companions wish to enjoy the tour in a completely private and personalised manner, there is a payable extra of 120€ which can be made during the booking process.