THE NORTH, a walk through villages and ports
Palaces, bell towers, cobblestone streets, balconies and rich gastronomy await you in the north of Tenerife. As the birthplace of noble families and great fortunes, a walk through the picturesque streets of these villages and ports will transport you to the splendour of the past centuries.
The Orotava valley is defined by its characteristic orography of green slopes, attractive villages and banana plantations, which make up an exceptional landscape. In the cobblestone streets of the village of La Orotava you will discover the secrets of its history, filled with craftspeople, farmers and landholders. They are all witnesses to a splendid commercial past of great importance, which was linked with the ancient port at La Orotava, known today as Puerto de la Cruz.
On our way northwest, we will make a stop where the grape for the excellent Malvasia wine, highly regarded by European nobility, was cultivated in the past. In Icod de los Vinos, palm and dragon trees decorate a picturesque setting of squares, gardens and noble houses.
Along the shore, under majestic cliffs, we will take a walk through the charming streets of the village and port of Garachico. This village has risen from the lavas of the Arenas Negras (black sands in English) volcano, and was once Tenerife’s main port.
During this experience you will discover the details of a glorious past which remains dormant even today. We are sure you will fall in love with each beautiful corner, with its colourful streets and with the extraordinary hospitality of its people.
This is a must-do for lovers of history, tradition and architecture!
WHY BOOK ONLINE?
- DISCOUNTS up to 20% off if you book ONLINE now
- CONFIRMATION OF AVAILABILITY AND IMMEDIATE BOOKING CONFIRMATION: there can be very limited places.
- COMFORTABLE: it takes just four simple steps
- SECURE PAYMENT: we provide secure data management and 100% purchasing guarantee. Pay online with your CREDIT CARD (Visa or Mastercard) or with PAYPAL
- PURCHASE CONFIRMATION: you will immediately receive an e-mail confirming your purchase.
- This tour is available from Monday to Saturday.
- Minimum number of participants: 1
- Maximum number of participants: 6
- The tour is PRIVATE.
- Pick-up time: 08:30AM
- Pick-up point:
- Cruises at Santa Cruz de Tenerife Port (see meeting point).
- Accommotation located in NORTHERN Tenerife: Buenavista, Garachico, Puerto de la Cruz, La Orotava, Santa Úrsula, La Matanza, Tacoronte, Tegueste, San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, El Rosario and Candelaria.
- Duration: between 7 and 8 hours.
- Places visited: Valley and Village of La Orotava, Viewpoint at San Pedro, Icod de Los Vinos, Cliffs of Interian, Village and Port of Garachico.
- 385€ Private group 1-2 people
- 575€ Private group 3-4 people
- 765€ Private group 5-6 people
- We recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Take sun protection and warm clothes, remember that Tenerife has many microclimates.
- Taking a small backpack will help you to keep track of your personal belongings.
- An accredited, official guide in English.
- Transport in a 100% electric luxury vehicle | Mercedes EQV free of CO2 emissions.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation (NORTH of Tenerife) or Port of Santa Cruz.
- Accident, rescue and civil liability insurance for the vehicle and passengers.
- Lunch and meals.
- Entry tickets to museums and other attractions.
- Everything else which is not explicitly included.
GASTRONOMIC EXPERIENCE A meal in a traditional restaurant where you will enjoy a tasting menu designed with fresh, local products from northern Tenerife, and cooked using traditional recipes: Starters:
- Roasted goat’s cheese with “mojo” sauce and homemade jams
- Sweet potato mille-feuille with wreckfish and ”mojo”
- Chickpea stew
- Wreckfish with onions, “pretty potatoes” (papas bonitas) and “mojo”
- Canarian style rabbit in salmorejo or goat meat stew
- Gofio mousse with palm honey
- Local wine from the valley of La Orotava region
- Soft drinks
- Coffee, tea or Barraquito (coffee cocktail unique to the Canary Islands)
We remind you that all experiences are shared by up to 8 passengers. In the event that you and your companions wish to enjoy the tour in a completely private and personalized manner, there is a payable extra of 120€ which can be made during the booking process.