THE SOUTH, secrets of the volcanoes
Would you like to experience going deep into a volcano? …to understand the different types of eruptive process on the island?…to enjoy an unforgettable panoramic view from a single point boasting over 90 volcanic formations?
On the arid south of the island of Tenerife, treasures you may never have imagined are hidden in little-known spots. This is a journey into the land of volcanoes, where each of these geological formations reveals information, and where life has learnt to adapt itself perfectly between lava fields, badlands and wastelands.
In the lands to the South you will visit Arico, a site of unique geology, which hides an endless number of treasures to be explored. In remote villages featuring popular architecture, people have learnt to adapt to the environment by making best use of the resources available.
Lulled by the sounds of the sea, the volcanoes of hydrothermal origin lie along the coastline, which hides coloured volcanic structures, sculptures which could well have been carved by the hands of a talented artist.
On the way to the highlands, you will leave the characteristic ecosystem of the coastal zone made up of “tabaibas” and “cardones” (local vegetation). From the most outstanding viewpoints you will see vast plains dotted with volcanic cones. At the entrance to one of the highest villages in Spain, typical farming terraces covered in ash appear, which are considered to be a symbol of local identity. Here you will discover the importance of water use in this area.
Visiting the island without seeing the volcanoes may be impossible, but we suggest you going further, and tasting the local products grown on this volcanic land, which is what gives them their unique nuances.
From the subsoil to the surface, you will be presented with a vast portrait of haphazard volcanic shapes.
WHY BOOK ONLINE?
- DISCOUNTS up to 20% off if you book ONLINE now
- CONFIRMATION OF AVAILABILITY AND IMMEDIATE BOOKING CONFIRMATION: there can be very limited places.
- COMFORTABLE: it takes just four simple steps
- SECURE PAYMENT: we provide secure data management and 100% purchasing guarantee. Pay online with your CREDIT CARD (Visa or Mastercard) or with PAYPAL
- PURCHASE CONFIRMATION: you will immediately receive an e-mail confirming your purchase.
- This tour is available from Monday to Saturday.
- Minimum number of participants: 1
- Maximum number of participants: 6
- The tour is PRIVATE.
- Pick-up time: 08:30AM
- Pick-up point:
- Cruises at Santa Cruz de Tenerife Port (see meeting point).
- Accommotation located in NORTHERN Tenerife: Buenavista, Garachico, Puerto de la Cruz, La Orotava, Santa Úrsula, La Matanza, Tacoronte, Tegueste, San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, El Rosario and Candelaria.
- Accommotation located in SOUTHERN Tenerife: Santiago del Teide, Guía de Isora, Adeje, Arona, San Miguel de Abona, Granadilla de Abona and Arico.
- Duration: between 7 and 8 hours.
- Places visited: Hamlet of Icor, Arico Nuevo, Tajao, Montaña Roja, San Miguel de Abona and Vilaflor
- 385€ Private group 1-2 people
- 575€ Private group 3-4 people
- 765€ Private group 5-6 people
- We recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Take sun protection and warm clothes, remember that Tenerife has many microclimates.
- Taking a small backpack will help you to keep track of your personal belongings.
- An accredited, official guide in English.
- Transport in a 100% electric luxury vehicle | Mercedes EQV free of CO2 emissions.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation (NORTH and SOUTH of Tenerife) or Port of Santa Cruz.
- Accident, rescue and civil liability insurance for the vehicle and passengers.
- Lunch and meals.
- Entry tickets to museums and other attractions.
- Everything else which is not explicitly included.
A meal in a traditional restaurant where you will enjoy a tasting menu designed with fresh, local products from Vilaflor, and cooked using traditional recipes:
- Fresh goat’s cheese with fig marmalade
- “Escaldón de gofio” with fried pork rind and dry figs
- Chickpea stew
- Wreckfish in onion sauce with wrinkled potatoes.
- Goat’s meat from the Chasna region.
- Local wine from the Abona region
- Soft drinks
- Coffee or tea
We remind you that all experiences are shared by up to 8 passengers. In the event that you and your companions wish to enjoy the tour in a completely private and personalized manner, there is a payable extra of 120€ which can be made during the booking process.