TEIDE & NORTH, an island of contrasts and wines
If you are passionate about wine culture and you would like to entice your palate with the wines from this volcanic land in the north of Tenerife, we have designed this experience with you in mind.
Throughout this itinerary you will enjoy the impressive landscapes where volcanoes, climate and altitude have come together to form a huge variety of unique contrasts. On our route to the highlands of Tenerife you will discover the treasures of the Corona Forestal Nature Park, while pines scents awaken your senses and fill your lungs with fresh air.
Overlooking the pine forest, the beautiful views are worthy of the best photos. On most days, the trade winds drive little fluffy clouds across the sky: a fresh breeze that gives us life. Here you will be amazed to see the ‘sea of clouds’, a visually impressive phenomenon sure to blow your mind.
Atop the island, the landscape turns into volcanic cones, craters and lava, dikes and elevated rock formations. At these heights it boasts a large variety of endemic flora and fauna. Teide National Park is one of the great wonders of the world, and it is for this reason that it was named a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Here the majestic Teide stratovolcano awaits you, which, at 3,718 metres above sea level, is the highest peak in Spain.
The tour will continue with a visit to the Orotava Valley, where you will discover the best-kept secrets of centuries of rich agricultural tradition, through the production of grapes, cereals, potatoes, chestnuts and tropical fruits, shaping a landscape of lush green areas and stone terraces everywhere across its slopes.
From the field to the table, you will enjoy a delicious lunch at a traditional restaurant where some of this area’s most typical Canary Island dishes are prepared in an authentic environment.
This is a unique opportunity for an unforgettable memory to take back home during the cruise ship’s stopover on the island.
You will descend directly down the valley of La Orotava on the way to a prestigious winery located in El Sauzal. The winery is surrounded by vast vineyards, growing at 600 metres above sea level on steep terrain that makes mechanical cultivation unfeasible, and so the vines are tended to by hand.
A guided visit will take you through the vineyards and into the winery where you will be able view the wine production process. Then, you will enjoy a delightful lunch on the terrace of the winery’s restaurant with spectacular views. The restaurant is inspired by the Canary Island cuisine, and your meal is accompanied by a selection of three wines made from unique varieties of grapes such as: Listán Negro, Listán Blanco, Negramoll, etc.
Wonderful landscapes, nature, traditions and the best Canary Island wines await you!
BOOKING WHY BOOK ONLINE?
CONFIRMATION OF AVAILABILITY AND IMMEDIATE BOOKING CONFIRMATION: there can be very limited places.
COMFORTABLE: it takes just four simple steps
SECURE PAYMENT: we provide secure data management and 100% purchasing guarantee. Pay online with your CREDIT CARD (Visa or Mastercard) or with PAYPAL
PURCHASE CONFIRMATION: you will immediately receive an e-mail confirming your purchase.
- This experience is available from Tuesday to Sunday
- This experience is specially customised for cruise ship passengers.
- There are three types of booking:
Private group booking, in a private minivan for groups of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 peopleSmall shared group booking, in a shared minivan for groups of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 peopleShared group booking, in a shared minibus of up to 20 people.
- Meeting time: To be confirmed depending on the arrival of your cruise, however, it will always be 30 minutes after the ship’s scheduled arrival time.
- Meeting point: Right next to the access ramp to the city centre, where the Port’s Marina building is located. (Look for a building with a pyramid-shaped glass roof.) You can see detailed information about the meeting point by clicking here and printing or saving the map. Do not take the Shuttle Bus; go by foot from the ship to the meeting point following the blue line marked on the ground in the direction of the “City Centre”. The walk will take you about 15-20 minutes. Your guide will be waiting for you there.
- Duration: Approximately6 to 8 hours. This depends on the schedule of your ship on the island.
- Places visited: La Esperanza Forest and Corona Forestal Nature Park, Teide National Park, Orotava Valley and a local winery.
- Languages: Spanish, English and German
- An accredited, official guide in Spanish, English and German
- Minivan or minibus transport, depending on the booking type
- Pick-up at the assigned meeting point (APIT Tenerife)
- Drop-off at the maritime station (shuttle bus stop). It only takes 5 minutes to get back to the cruise ship from here.
- Accident, rescue and civil liability insurance for the vehicle and passengers
- Guided visit to the winery and lunch in its restaurant paired with three types of wines
A guided visit to a winery and tasting menu elaborated with exquisite products from Tenerife, following traditional recipes, accompanied by a selection of three wines
- Watercress butter, Almogrote and Chorizo Palmero with bread
- “Tía Lola” chickpea stew
- Cream of vegetable soup with four-cereal “gofio”
- Lettuce salad with Guayonje onion, flavoured with wine salt
- You can choose between:
- Roasted shoulder of black Canary Island pork, cooked on a wood-fired oven and served with wrinkled potatoes
- Almond “mojo” and Chayota jam
- Fish in onion sauce, served with wrinkled potatoes, almond “mojo” and ”gofio”
- Homemade Quesillo with a sponge base and red wine jam
- Selection of three wines (a half-bottle of wine per person)
- Soft drinks
- Coffee or tea
- Entry tickets to museums and other attractions
- Teide Cable Car. Please note that there would not be time for this as an extra.
- Everything else which is not explicitly included