CANARY WINE HISTORY, through villages and vineyardsfrom
Palaces, bell towers, cobblestone streets, balconies and rich gastronomy await you in the north of Tenerife. As the birthplace of noble families and great fortunes. A walk through the picturesque streets of these villages and ports will transport you to the splendour of the past centuries. Icod, Garachico, and a local winery await you during this private tour in Tenerife.
On our way northwest. We will make a stop where the grape for the excellent Malvasia wines, highly regarded by European nobility, was cultivated in the past. In Icod de los Vinos, palm and dragon trees decorate a picturesque setting of squares, gardens and noble houses.
Along the shore, under majestic cliffs. We will take a walk through the charming streets of the village and port of Garachico. This village has risen from the lavas of the Arenas Negras volcano, and was once Tenerife’s main port.
In the municipality of El Sauzal, a local family with a winemaking tradition of more than 270 years. Will open the doors of their winery which we will visit.
There is nothing more Canarian than mojo picón sauce and for this reason, we will start this enogastronomic experience with a fun mojo and wrinkle potatoes workshop. To then go on to taste a traditional Canarian lunch made with local products from local farming and typical Canarian recipes that have been passed down through generations.
During this experience you will discover the details of a glorious past which remains dormant even today. We are sure you will fall in love with each beautiful corner, with its colourful streets and with the extraordinary hospitality of its people.
The perfect experience to get to know the most authentic face of Tenerife, its past and present. And without a doubt, make your taste buds enjoy by visiting Icod, Garachico and a winery in Tenerife!
WHY BOOK ONLINE?
- DISCOUNTS up to 20% off if you book ONLINE now
- CONFIRMATION OF AVAILABILITY AND IMMEDIATE BOOKING CONFIRMATION: there can be very limited places.
- COMFORTABLE: it takes just four simple steps
- SECURE PAYMENT: we provide secure data management and 100% purchasing guarantee. Pay online with your CREDIT CARD (Visa or Mastercard) or with PAYPAL
- PURCHASE CONFIRMATION: you will immediately receive an e-mail confirming your purchase.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Group Size Small Group
- This tour is available from Tuesday to Friday.
- Minimum number of participants: 1
- Maximum number of participants: 6
- The tour is PRIVATE.
- Pick-up time: 08:30AM
- Pick-up point:
- Cruises at Santa Cruz de Tenerife Port (see meeting point).
- Accommotation located in NORTHERN Tenerife: Buenavista, Garachico, Puerto de la Cruz, La Orotava, Santa Úrsula, La Matanza, Tacoronte, Tegueste, San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, El Rosario and Candelaria.
- Accommotation located in SOUTHERN Tenerife: Santiago del Teide, Guía de Isora, Adeje, Arona, San Miguel de Abona, Granadilla de Abona and Arico.
- Duration: between 7 and 8 hours.
- Places visited: Icod de los Vinos, Garachico and family owned winery.
- 485€ Private group 1-2 people
- 725€ Private group 3-4 people
- 965€ Private group 5-6 people
- Activity not suitable for people under 18 years old.
- Please, notify us in sufficient time of any specific requirements and any particular restrictions such as diets, allergies and mobility issues.
- We recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Take sun protection and warm clothes, (do not forget that Tenerife is an island of contrasts).
- Taking a small backpack will help you to keep track of your personal belongings.
- An accredited, official guide in English.
- Transport in a 100% electric luxury vehicle | Mercedes EQV free of CO2 emissions.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation (NORTH and SOUTH of Tenerife) or Port of Santa Cruz.
- Cooking work shop of Mojo Sauce and wrinkled potatoes.
- Guided visit to a winery + Lunch accompanied by a selection of 3 wines.
- Accident, rescue and civil liability insurance for the vehicle and passengers.
- Entry tickets to museums and other attractions
- Everything else which is not explicitly included