THE NORTH, a walk through villages and ports
Palaces, bell towers, cobblestone streets, balconies and rich gastronomy await you in the north of Tenerife. As the birthplace of noble families and great fortunes, a walk through the picturesque streets of these villages and ports will transport you to the splendour of the past centuries.
The Orotava valley is defined by its characteristic orography of green slopes, attractive villages and banana plantations, which make up an exceptional landscape. In the cobblestone streets of the village of La Orotava you will discover the secrets of its history, filled with craftspeople, farmers and landholders. They are all witnesses to a splendid commercial past of great importance, which was linked with the ancient port at La Orotava, known today as Puerto de la Cruz.
On our way northwest, we will make a stop where the grape for the excellent Malvasia wine, highly regarded by European nobility, was cultivated in the past. In Icod de los Vinos, palm and dragon trees decorate a picturesque setting of squares, gardens and noble houses.
Along the shore, under majestic cliffs, we will take a walk through the charming streets of the village and port of Garachico. This village has risen from the lavas of the Arenas Negras (black sands in English) volcano, and was once Tenerife’s main port.
During this experience you will discover the details of a glorious past which remains dormant even today. We are sure you will fall in love with each beautiful corner, with its colourful streets and with the extraordinary hospitality of its people.
This is a must-do for lovers of history, tradition and architecture!
BOOKING WHY BOOK ONLINE?
CONFIRMATION OF AVAILABILITY AND IMMEDIATE BOOKING CONFIRMATION: there can be very limited places.
COMFORTABLE: it takes just four simple steps
SECURE PAYMENT: we provide secure data management and 100% purchasing guarantee. Pay online with your CREDIT CARD (Visa or Mastercard) or with PAYPAL
PURCHASE CONFIRMATION: you will immediately receive an e-mail confirming your purchase.
- This experience is available every day.
- This experience is specially customised for cruise ship passengers.
- There are three types of booking:o Private group booking, in a private minivan for groups of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 peopleo Small shared group booking, in a shared minivan for groups of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 people
o Shared group booking, in a shared minibus of up to 20 people
- Meeting time: To be confirmed depending on the arrival of your cruise, however, it will always be 30 minutes after the ship’s scheduled arrival time.
- Meeting point: Right next to the access ramp to the city centre, where the Port’s Marina building is located. (Look for a building with a pyramid-shaped glass roof.) You can see detailed information about the meeting point by clicking here and printing or saving the map. Do not take the Shuttle Bus; go by foot from the ship to the meeting point following the blue line marked on the ground in the direction of the “City Centre”. The walk will take you about 15-20 minutes. Your guide will be waiting for you there.
- Duration: Approximately 6 to 8 hours. This depends on the schedule of your ship on the island.
- Places visited: Valley and village of La Orotava, viewpoint at San Pedro, Icod de Los Vinos, Cliffs of Interian, village and port of Garachico
- Optional lunch (payable extra upon booking the tour)
- Languages: Spanish, English and German
- Private group, in a private minivan for groups of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 people: 176€ per passenger
- Small shared group, in a shared minivan for groups of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 people: 89€ per passenger
- Shared group, in a shared minibus of up to 20 people: 79€ per passenger. *(In the event that there is not a minimum number of 9 people, it would be possible to carry out the tour in a small group of 8 people paying a supplement of 10€ per passenger.)
- “Gastronomic Experience” Extra: 20€ per person
- With the goal of enhancing your experience, we offer a range of extra services that you can choose to add on when booking your tour.
- Punctuality is recommended at the beginning of the experience to make the most of the time given in the itinerary.
- We recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Take sun protection and warm clothes -remember that Tenerife has many microclimates.
- Taking a small backpack will help you to keep track of your personal belongings.
- An accredited, official guide in Spanish, English and German
- Minivan or minibus transport, depending on the booking type
- Pick-up at the assigned meeting point (APIT Tenerife)
- Drop-off at the maritime station (shuttle bus stop). It only takes 5 minutes to get back to the cruise ship from here.
- Accident, rescue and civil liability insurance for the vehicle and passengers
- Lunch and meals* (see “extras” section)
- Entry tickets to museums and other attractions
- Everything else which is not explicitly included
A meal in a traditional restaurant where you will enjoy a tasting menu designed with fresh, local products from northern Tenerife, and cooked using traditional recipes:
- Roasted goat’s cheese with “mojo” sauce and homemade jams
- Sweet potato mille-feuille with wreckfish and ”mojo”
- Chickpea stew
- Wreckfish with onions, “pretty potatoes” (papas bonitas) and “mojo”
- Canarian style rabbit in salmorejo
- Gofio mousse with palm honey
- Local wine from the valley of La Orotava region
- Soft drinks
- Coffee or tea