ANAGA, valleys of nature and tradition
This experience includes a visit to San Cristobal de La Laguna, the only city in the Canary Islands that has been declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We’ll take you on a guided tour through the city’s pedestrian streets, where you will discover its colonial origins, and marvel at its historical architecture, which has been influenced by many cultures. Passing through the courtyards of majestic palaces and aristocratic houses, you will be sent on a journey through time, accompanied by narratives about the indigenous populations and the conquistadors.
The Country Park and UNESCO Biosphere Reserve of Anaga is one of the world’s unique sites of nature. Let yourself be seduced by the magical forest of Laurisilva, the pleasant breeze of the Alisio wind and the traditions of an isolated society known for its hospitality to visitors and peaceful and kind nature.
During this experience in the northeast of Tenerife we will, among other things, visit: the cozy hamlet of Taganana; the black volcanic beaches of Roque de las Bodegas; and numerous other viewpoints, in order to enjoy the rich geodiversity and the lushness of the vegetation found in the mountainous massif of Anaga.
As a perfect way to round off the day, you will be able to enjoy the best tastes offered by the Canary Islands’ gastronomy, with a tasting menu featuring locally-sourced produce, cooked with traditional recipes, in a traditional restaurant, with unique wine made from grapes cultivated on volcanic soil.
Don’t wait to hear about it from others! This is a visit not to be missed.
BOOKING WHY BOOK ONLINE?
CONFIRMATION OF AVAILABILITY AND IMMEDIATE BOOKING CONFIRMATION: there can be very limited places.
COMFORTABLE: it takes just four simple steps
SECURE PAYMENT: we provide secure data management and 100% purchasing guarantee. Pay online with your CREDIT CARD (Visa or Mastercard) or with PAYPAL
PURCHASE CONFIRMATION: you will immediately receive an e-mail confirming your purchase.
- This experience is available every day
- This experience is specially customised for cruise ship passengers.
- There are three types of booking:
- Private group booking, in a private minivan for groups of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 people
- Small shared group booking, in a shared minivan for groups of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 people
- Shared group booking, in a shared minibus of up to 20 people.
- Meeting time: To be confirmed depending on the arrival of your cruise, however, it will always be 30 minutes after the ship’s scheduled arrival time.
- Meeting point: Right next to the access ramp to the city centre, where the Port’s Marina building is located. (Look for a building with a pyramid-shaped glass roof.) You can see detailed information about the meeting point by clicking here and printing or saving the map. Do not take the Shuttle Bus; go by foot from the ship to the meeting point following the blue line marked on the ground in the direction of the “City Centre”. The walk will take you about 15-20 minutes. Your guide will be waiting for you there.
- Duration: Approximately 6 to 8 hours. This depends on the schedule of your ship on the island.
- Places visited: San Cristóbal de La Laguna, viewpoints in Anaga Country Park, El Bailadero, Taganana, the coast of Roque de Las Bodegasand Almáciga, and San Andrés.
- Optional lunch (payable extra upon booking the tour)
- Languages: Spanish, English and German
- Private group, in a private minivan for groups of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 people: 176€ per passenger
- Small shared group, in a shared minivan for groups of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 people: 89€ per passenger
- Shared group, in a shared minibus of up to 20 people: 79€ per passenger. *(In the event that there is not a minimum number of 9 people, it would be possible to carry out the tour in a small group of 8 people paying a supplement of 10€ per passenger.)
- “Gastronomic Experience” Extra: 20€ per person
- With the goal of enhancing your experience, we offer a range of extra services that you can choose to add on when booking your tour.
- Punctuality is recommended at the beginning of the experience to make the most of the time given in the itinerary.
- We recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Take sun protection and warm clothes -remember that Tenerife has many microclimates.
- Taking a small backpack will help you to keep track of your personal belongings.
- An accredited, official guide in Spanish, English and German
- Minivan or minibus transport, depending on the booking type
- Pick-up at the assigned meeting point (APIT Tenerife)mel
- Drop-off at the maritime station (shuttle bus stop). It only takes 5 minutes to get back to the cruise ship from here.
- Accident, rescue and civil liability insurance for the vehicle and passengers
- Lunch and meals* (see “extras” section)
- Entry tickets to museums and other attractions
- Everything else which is not explicitly included
A meal in a traditional restaurant where you will enjoy a tasting menu designed with fresh, local products from Taganana, and cooked using traditional recipes:
- Roasted goat’s cheese with “mojo” sauce and aromatic herbs
- Wrinkled potatoes from Taganana with “mojo” sauce
- Goat stew
- Taganana-style fried octopus
- Gofio Mousse
- Local wine from the Valley of Taganana
- Soft drinks
- Coffee, tea or Barraquito (coffee cocktail unique to the Canary Islands)